Spermodiagram is the basis for assessing male fertility by providing valuable information on the number, mobility and morphology of sperm. If the number and / or motility and / or morphology of spermatozoa are lower than normal, then we are talking about male infertility.
The following parameters are evaluated with Spermodiagram:
According to W.H.O, the normal volume is 1 – 5 ml.
Absence or reduced volume of ejaculation is observed in the following cases:
• Frequent sexual encounters
• Interstitial gland infection
• Full or partial obstruction of excretory pores
• Retrograde ejaculation
• Congenital agenesia of the excretory pores
• Psychological causes
• Absence of seminal vesicles
• Loss of part of the sample during collection